The steering committee always welcomes expressions of interest in hosting future installments of Formal Ethics. Would you or your institution like to host the event? Here are a few informal points and steps to guide the process:
- First, look at the Conferences page for the date and location of the next installment. The conference is usually held biennially. The steering committee tries to schedule at least one installment ahead, so that the location of the subsequent Formal Ethics Conference can be announced at the end of the forthcoming conference.
- Get in touch with any member of the steering committee to check whether other institutions have already expressed interest or placed a bid for the year you are considering, or with any questions you might have.
- There is no official form or requirement for placing a bid for hosting the event. If you decide to place a bid, the steering committee would appreciate the following information:
– proposed dates and venue; potential co-location or clash with other events; reachability of the venue for national and international participants; housing opportunities for various budgets;
– proposed conference theme if applicable;
– proposed sources of funding (see next point); any possibilities for financial support for travel and accommodation (for instance for graduate students or independent researchers); options (or not) for hybrid event.
- Keep in mind that the Series does not have any structural funding to support its installment. In the past, the funding has been secured by the local organizers of each conference.
This information can be sent directly to any member of the steering committee.